Cherie Reads

Tough Sh*t: Life Advice from a Fat, Lazy Slob Who Did Good

Tough Sh*t: Life Advice from a Fat, Lazy Slob Who Did Good - Kevin Smith I've been a fan of Kevin Smith (of Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Red State fame - just to name a few) for a long time so when I saw this book I was excited to read it. First, let me say, if you don't know Kevin Smith be prepared for swearing and some crude humor. If you are offended by that kind of thing don't read this book. But then, if you're offended by that kind of thing you're probably not a big fan of Kevin Smith to begin with.There's also quite a bit of information about the movie biz that I found quite intriguing and it was fascinating to hear from the man himself about some of his biggest "flops" (and why they were) as well as about his more popular works. This book was laugh out loud funny throughout. Kevin is a hilarious guy and the same type of tone that is carried throughout his scripts and podcasts is evident here as well. But within the wrapping of humor are truths that bring a poignancy to the book. This book was well-written and very entertaining. I would recommend to any fan of Kevin Smith or humor in general.